People watch what you do. They watch with the sound off.
How do you describe leadership? What are the first words that come to mind?
- Agent of Change
The complexities of leadership are intertwined with trust. Trust is a big deal. As Stephen Covey noted, “It undergirds and affects the quality of every relationship.” Especially, this is true when you speak of trust in the context of leadership. Trust can shape and shade the meaning and impact of the words and actions most commonly associated with leaders. Inspiration can morph into manipulation. Clarity dissolves in the murky waters of pretense. Heathy trust requires vigilance and care.
As you read the following statements, reflect on your trustworthiness.
- Influencers affect behavior.
- Visionaries are catalysts for movement.
- Credible leaders draw others closer for reciprocal listening and learning.
- Integrity dispels duplicity and displays wholeness.
- Agents of change inspire transformation.
- Stewards maximize resources for a larger purpose.
- Decision-makers sustain positive momentum.