Book Two: Rising Tide Leadership Series
The Reality of Change by Fred Johnson & Paul Metler
Change is great… if it produces results
Change will come, there’s no escaping it. Remaining stuck in status quo mode, fearing and avoiding change like the plague, only ensures you won’t be ready for the inevitable. Mastering positive change, however, is key to extraordinary leadership and optimal business outcomes. So what can you do to harness the power of change as both an individual and a leader of a high-performing team?
Mastering positive change involves navigating emotional shallow water and relational collisions: resistance from within and without, blame, victimhood, false barriers, and other change-busters. The Reality of Change takes a unique approach to change leadership: anticipate and overcome the inner and outer obstacles to steer yourself and your organization through the positive change process.
You’ll discover how to:
- Gain confidence in leading change through knowledge of what’s to come.
- Embrace and engage change as a pivotal leadership quality.
- Counter resistance and naysaying while avoiding blame and taking things personally .
- Master change in the context of other key leadership traits.
- Successfully guide your organization into new and promising waters.